The saga of the great flight of King Edward Medical College
AbstractThe saga of the great flight of King Edward Medical College starts with the establishment of a medical school in the Artillery Barracks in 1860 attached to a hospital located in a foreign stable about a mile away. Dr. J. B. Seriven was the first principal of the school, then named Lahore Medical School. This was second of its kind in the subcontinent. In 1864 the school and hospital shifted to Shah Alam Gate that was close to Civil Hospital. Introduction of western medicine in the subcontinent was not easy. School started two classes simultaneously Hindustani class to produce native doctors and English class to train Sub-Assistant Surgeons.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This is an open-access journal and all the published articles / items are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited. For comments firstname.lastname@example.org